- 1 Onion, minced
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup diced red/white onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small, ripe avocado, pitted, and diced.
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp whole cumin
- In a dry skillet, roast cumin over moderate heat, tossing until fragrant, about a minute. Let cool, then grind in a mortar or chop finely on cutting board.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, including diced avocados and cherry tomatoes. Place plastic wrap on salsa and let stand at room temperature for an hour before serving.