The green azure waters of Goa’s beaches and my quiet and quaint cottage amidst small hills,makes Goa the perfect getaway. Goa is rich in diverse cultures,religions and cuisines. This place sure is a heaven for foodies.
Goan cuisine is all about a burst flavours and reflects the right fusion of culture with food.The malabari crabs,mussels and a huge variety of fish have been my all time favourite Goan food.The Goan cuisine is majorly fish centric and the Goan Fish Curry is liked by all.
- 1 lemon size tamarind
- 3 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 pomfret fish
- 1/2 cup coconut scraped
- 5 red chillies whole
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 Onion chopped
- Clean, wash and cut each fish into 5-6 pieces.
- Cut onions and tomatoes. Slit green chillies and cut into half. Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole red chillies. Make a fine paste of all the roasted spices along with scraped coconut, ginger and garlic paste and malt vinegar.
- Heat up oil in a pan and fry onion till golden brown. Mix in green chillies and cut tomatoes. Stir fry on a medium heat up for three minutes. Stir constantly.
- Mix in the paste and one-and-ahalf cup of water. Bring it to a boil and then mix in fish pieces and salt.
- Stir fry on a low heat up for about five minutes or till fish is just done.