There’s something about cake! It’s such a comfort food, the beautiful cinnamon, and sticky caramel is a match made in heaven. This rustic delight is just delicious!
- 150 gm Seedless dates, sliced
- 1/2 cup Boiling water
- 150 gm Flour
- 150 gm Brown sugar
- 40 gm Butter
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Brown sugar for the caramel sauce
- 100 gm Butter for the caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup Cream for the caramel sauce
- 1 tsp Cognac for the caramel sauce
- Add the dates in 1/2 cup stir till 2 minutes, add the baking soda and heat till water is absorbed.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add all the ingredients of the cake and mix well.
- Now add the dates.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 deg. Grease a spring cake tin and pour the batter and bake for 30-40 mins.
- Remove from the oven and slide off the cake from the tin.
- For the Sauce: Heat the sugar on low heat till it’s caramelised. Remove from heat and add the butter and cream. Add the cognac.
- Serve the cake warm with the delicious caramel sauce.